This gravy is sooo good. You can use it on anything, from fake chicken (frickin as I like to call it), to tofurkey, to any type of sandwich and beyond.
What You Need
1/2 cup organic olive oil
1/3 cup chopped organic white onion
5 cloves of organic garlic, minced
1/2 organic all-purpose flour
4 teaspoons organic nutritional yeast
4 tablespoons organic tamari or braggs liquid aminos
2 cups organic vegetable stock
1/2 teaspoon organic dried sage
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
What You Need To Do
1. Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Saute onion and garlic until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes.
2. Stir in flour, nutritional yeast and tamari to form a smooth paste.
3. Gradually whisk in the broth.
4. Season with sage, salt and pepper.
5. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, stirring constantly for 8-10 minutes or until thickened.