This is a shout out to Marine. She is into brown sugar everything. Don’t over cook them, unless you like crunchy cookies. This recipe makes fifty 4-inch cookies. If the cookies harden before you have a chance to remove them from the baking sheet, put the sheet back in the oven for a few seconds to soften the dough for easier removal. They are thinner and crisp.
What You Need
- 1 pound (4 sticks) organic unsalted butter, room temperature, plus more for baking sheets
- 3 cups packed organic light-brown sugar
- 1 cup organic granulated sugar
- 4 organic large eggs
- 2 teaspoons organic pure vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups organic all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 teaspoons organic baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups organic chocolate chips
What To Do
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line two baking sheets with Silpat baking mats or parchment; set aside. Cream butter until smooth; add sugars, and beat until smooth. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Into a large bowl, sift together dry ingredients. Slowly beat dry ingredients into wet mixture. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Drop 2 to 3 tablespoons dough per cookie onto prepared baking sheets; space dough at least 2 inches apart to allow for spreading. Bake until golden, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove cookies from baking sheets, and allow to cool on baking racks.
I want a cookie.