This is a plea I am passing on from Missy Sherburne, E.V.P. of DonorsChoose.org to help to win an AmEx contest. The award money goes to much needed classrooms and teachers. I am not a fan of credit cards or AmEx, but I am a great fan of teachers having the tools to do the best they can for their students! If you have a Amex card (I do not, so I can’t vote), log in and vote (it is the last day to vote)….see the details below.
We are currently in second place in the American Express Members Project contest. It ends tonight at midnight. At this moment, we there are only 350 votes separating us from third place. A second place finish will mean $500,000 for our students and teachers. With 14 hours remaining, literally every vote counts.
Please take a few minutes this morning to help – students and teachers in the high-need classrooms we serve are counting on us.
- If you have an AmEx card please vote for “Help 100,000 children thrive in the classroom.” A vote costs no money and personal and corporate cards can be used separately for one vote each.
- Please forward this email to friends, colleagues and family!
If each of you were to forward this message to ten people who vote for our project, we are certain that we can win the $500,000. But we cannot do it without you.
Thank you so much,
Quick Voting Instructions
1. Visit our project page: http://www.membersproject.com/project/view/V8EWJV
2. Click Vote for this Project.
3. If you already have an online account with AmEx, you’ll be prompted to log-in. If you haven’t logged in before, you can easily create a username and password.
4. You’ll be redirected back to “Help 100,000 children thrive in the classroom.”
5. Click Vote for this Project one last time. Be sure that a gold star that indicates “Your Vote.”
Vote and send it to everyone you know. My cousin is a teacher in San Francisco, trust me teachers need and deserve this money…as do their students.
They ended up winning 2nd place and received $500,00 in funding. Awesome. :]